Fitting the Frame to the Subject Part Two
This is part two of the original, Fitting the Frame to the Subject. I had to crop the original image in several different ways which I chose to do on-screen by means of IPhoto.
I had to crop the original image in several different ways which I chose to do on-screen.
I felt this was the best one to crop as there was more interest and subjects in the photo that a crop would work well with.
First I cropped it vertically, cutting out the fence and distracting ivy. I quite like this as it worked. The flowers made an interesting foreground and the main focal point is still the blossom tree.
Then I tried a square crop, in photography this is usually a pleasing compositional device,
I also tried the same square format cutting out the flower in the bottom screen. But I feel the image is too noisy and lacks different colours. I prefer the one above as it has a splash of colour providing interest.
The final crop is a pillar box, cutting out most of the sky and lower half of the original, the gravel path is now the foreground which contrasts against the flower. I feel this is the closest to the original and has more points of interest. I should have used a smaller aperture when I took this so everything was more in focus.